Thursday, July 29, 2010

first blog

This is my first blog. I hope I can make this interesting for anyone who reads it. I plan to write all my blogs about my experiences in online college.

I would like to start by telling you a little about myself. I am 49 years young and have 3 grown children. They are all men age 24, 26, and 30. I have 8 beautiful grandchildren who are the light of my life. They range in age from 2 to 14.

My husband passed away in 1999 and my life was shattered. I had no idea what to do or how to deal with being alone after 16 years of being a wife and mother. In the next few years my children grew up and started having children of their own. I have since started school and am happier than I thought possible. I am still single and live with an 85 year old woman with Alzheimer's disease.  I am currently a Medical Assistant student and plan to go on to become a registered nurse.

I really enjoy being in school again and learning new things. I thought nursing would be hard but have found it comes quit natural.  It has been a dream of mine to return to school for some time. It feels good and I am doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment