Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Grandchildren

When you have a child you love that child with every ounce of your being. You don't feel as if you could love any more than you love them. When they have a child, your grandchild, you realize there is even more love in you. The grandchild seems to be even more precious than yours was. This could be because 20 years or more have gone by and you don't remember the feeling from the day your child was born. There could be many reasons for this. I think it is because they are your child s child. Just because your child is so special to you, their child is that much more special. I know my grandchildren mean the world to me. My 5 year old grandson just went through a spinal tap because he was complaining of headaches and vomiting. He was being checked for meningitis. He didn't have it but has gone through a lot of pain because of the test. My youngest granddaughter was given one at only 3 weeks old. She didn't need it either. I think the hospital here gives this test too readily. Both of my grandchildren went through too much and were found to be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment